It is your responsibility to report a data security breach to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), based on the guidance provided by the Information Commissioner. Impact Computing does not provide guidance on whether a breach should be reported.
Fraud, Cyber Crime and Phishing Attempts
Where you have been the victim or fraud, cyber-crime or a phishing attempt, you can report it to the police using the following site: Action Fraud UK Police Report. We advise with any security incident that you also inform your bank.
Impact Computing are not web developers - we do not design or maintain website content. We only act as an "Infrastructure Provider" for your hosting. The content backup, security and overall structure of your site are your website developer / designer's responsibility.
In instances where we are holding your domain registration, but your website is being held elsewhere, you will need to go to your web host directly for advice on the breach.
In instances where we are holding your domain registration and we are also hosting the website please keep the following points in mind:
What you need to do:
- Contact your web developer to find out why your site has been breached. With WordPress sites breaches are usually down to poor setup or security of WordPress. Impact Computing are unable to diagnose this for you.
- Ensure your site is being actively maintained, secured and updated, especially if you are running contact management sytems like WordPress.
What we will do:
- In instances where your website was fully compromised we would perform a full password reset of your hosting passwords.
- Take down your site temporarily (where required)
What you should be aware of:
- It is expected that you/your web developer are maintaining the backups of your site content. Backups of your system are available from Impact Computing in relation to hardware failure but these are not designed to be a backup of website content.