It is your responsibility to report a data security breach to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), based on the guidance provided by the Information Commissioner. Impact Computing does not provide guidance on whether a breach should be reported.
Fraud, Cyber Crime and Phishing Attempts
Where you have been the victim or fraud, cyber-crime or a phishing attempt, you can report it to the police using the following site: Action Fraud UK Police Report. We advise with any security incident that you also inform your bank.
File Sharing / Peer to Peer Sharing or Copyright Infringement Notices
What you need to do:
- Make sure staff are not using inappropriate file sharing software(s) or are using the internet inappropriately.
- Ensure that you are not allowing unsupported or untrusted equipment access to your network (wired or wireless).
- Ensure your company has an acceptable internet use policy in place.
What we will do:
- We will make you aware of any legal communication passed to us by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- For ISP infringement notices we try to identify the source of the traffic, though as the notification does not come immediately we cannot guarantee to identify the equipment.
What you should be aware of:
- File sharing applications can often include software that runs in the background and acts like a virus.
- Large files downloaded (movies/TV shows etc) and stored on your servers can affect your servers' ability to backup properly and will increase the amount of time to restore your server(s) in a disaster scenario.
- You are at risk of legal action being taken against you by the copyright holder of any material that has been downloaded to your network.
- In extreme circumstances where there is persistent infringement, the ISP may take the action of disconnecting your internet connection.
- Where you have the need for a guest network, we recommend fully segregating this from your corporate network and installing a second internet line so as to not affect your corporate network. We can provide managed wireless services - please contact us for details.